Let’s be completely honest about one thing here – dull skin can be a total party pooper. But what if we told you there’s a solution to unlock glowing skin? The only thing you need to do is introduce it into a skincare routine, and we will do the rest for you. Don’t have a skincare routine yet? No problem, you can consult with our skincare experts at email@example.com to get yourself a personalized skincare routine.
Glowing Skin: Definition
Your skin speaks volumes of your overall health and habits. And more so, a healthy skin contributes immensely to your overall health. Skincare is crucial because our skin shields us from a lot of environmental hazards like pollution, free radicals, UV rays, and injuries, prevents moisture loss from the body, etc.
- The epidermis – top layer.
- The dermis – middle layer.
- The hypodermis – lower layer.
Each layer performs different roles, and the layer that concerns skincare primarily covers the epidermis layer, where we also find the skin barrier. The skin barrier is, in short, the shield, the armor that protects us from most environmental hazards and other injuries. It is also susceptible to damage without proper skincare.
So, when it comes to how glowing skin can best be defined, it is simply having healthy skin that gives out a sparkle or a reflective glow. As such, a typical glowing skin would have the qualities of an effective skin barrier, adequate hydration and moisturization, minimal breakouts, and the list goes on.
Factors causing Dull Skin
The definition of dull skin is having ashy, non-reflective, dry, and patchy skin.
Before we delve into the steps and the ingredients that lead to glowing skin, let’s try to understand what some of the culprits are behind dull skin.
- Dehydration: Dull skin could be a result of less water intake.
- Lack of moisturization: As you age, the skin slowly loses its different capabilities, such as producing oil. As such, moisturizing helps to keep the skin moist and hydrated.
- Another cause of dull skin is the buildup of dead skin cells, which results from inadequate exfoliation.
- Stress: Another reason for skin dullness is too much stress.
- Lack of Sleep: Sleep is an essential factor crucial for your overall health, and a lack of sleep is also linked to dull skin.
We’ve come up with a list of tips that you can consider introducing into your skincare routine. Check it out.
5 Tips to Get Glowing Skin
- Doubling Cleansing: A balanced skincare routine includes balanced cleansing and, in this case, double-cleansing. If you already know your skin type, try introducing a cleanser that is best suited for your skin type. Remember to cleanse gently and regularly twice a day to remove excess oil from your skin. It will also help other ingredients to seep into the skin quickly. Hence, Cleanse.Here are two cleansers that you can try for your skincare routine – Heimish All Clean Balm and Axis-y Sunday Morning Refreshing Cleansing Foam
- Exfoliate: After you cleanse, remember to exfoliate to get rid of the dead skin cells, which can also dull the appearance. For this, use products containing AHAs like the Isntree Clear Skin 8% AHA Essence and Cosrx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid.
- Hydrate your skin: Keeping yourself hydrated is one of the most important things you have to remember. This includes drinking plenty of water and using ingredients that can hydrate your skin. Include ingredients in your skincare regimen that have humectants like I’m From Rice Toner and COSRX Hydrium Watery Toner, to name a few.
- Moisturize, moisturize away: After having a nice warm shower/bath and cleansing, remember to moisturize with a soothing moisturizer that suits your skin type. This step will help your skin to lock in the moisture and natural oils needed by your skin to carry out its duties effectively.Our product recommendation for moisturizing– Dear Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask.
- SPF: You already know that the Ozone Layer in the atmosphere protects us from the harsh UV rays of the Sun, so then, why the sunscreen? Well, it’s because of the small fraction of UV that seeps past the ozone, which can also be quite harmful to your skin. With continued exposure to those UV rays, your skin is most likely to get damaged over time.You can consider adding two sunscreens to your skincare routine – Axis-Y Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen and ISNTREE Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel SPF 50 PA++++.
- Skin brightening ingredients: When you add moisturizers, cream, or any skincare products to your skincare regimen, go for products with skin-brightening ingredients like Niacinamide, and Vitamin C, which can even skin tones and also lightens dark pigments.
Here are two K-beauty skincare products with brightening agents that you can add to your skincare inventory – Isntree C- Niacin Toning Ampoule and Axis-Y Dark Spot Correcting Glow Serum.
Try out these steps and skincare products to see the magic happen! Remember, skincare has become more crucial than ever before. Love your skin, and it will love you back.
Discover more at beautybarn.in where we bring to you some of the best Korean skincare products for your skin, and yes, we are here to stay.