K-beauty and Korean skincare blogger, Shelley Nayak, reviews the popular skin calming cleanser, Some By Mi Snail TrueCICA Miracle Repair Low ph Gel Cleanser. Read on to learn more about the product and know if your skin would like it.
Some By Mi Snail TrueCica Miracle Repair low ph cleanser is suitable for all skin types, except for Oily skin types. It is best suited for Dry, Combination, Sensitive and Damaged skin.
This Cleanser has so many fabulous ingredients; it’s just packed with the goodness of skin calming and hydrating ingredients and is 100% free from all harsh surfactant. It also doesn’t have SLS or even SLES; both of these surfactants are commonly used in many shampoos, body cleanser and even face wash. As a matter of fact, I try to stay away from SLS as it can cause long term sensitivity, skin barrier damage and can even cause acne in some people.
Anyways, some of my absolute favourite ingredients in this cleanser are:
- Snail Mucin Filtrate: Helps in skin repairing, calming and brightening.
- Birch Sap: It is an anti-inflammatory and skin hydrating, such underrated ingredient.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: Skin Calming and hydrating.
- Licorice Root Extract: Help in reducing redness on skin and skin brightening.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: Skin Calming and Healing.
- Tea Tree Leaf Extract: Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. Helps in reducing breakouts.
- Asiaticoside, Asiatic acid, Madecassic acid, Madecassoside: Centella Bioactive derivaties, all together help in calming the skin, boost collagen, repair and brighten skin.
- Ceramide NP: Improves Skin Barrier.
- Artemisia Vulgaris Extract: Reduces redness on skin.
|Note: It does have 2 essential oils in it, Bergamot Fruit Oil and Sage oil. Usually, these two Essential oils are well tolerated by people and since this is a wash off product, it really shouldn’t be a concern to many. However, if you ever had a reaction to these essential oils in the past, try out the sample or do a patch test first.|
When I initially used this Cleanser, I didn’t go through the ingredient list. In fact, I checked the ingredients only after trying it out and loving how it felt on my skin. And honestly, I was not at all surprised that it contains so many skin heath aiding ingredients.
How to use the Some By Mi Snail TrueCICA Miracle Repair Low ph Gel Cleanser
Some By Mi Snail TrueCica Miracle Repair low ph cleanser can safely be used daily, day and night. Usually, I take a dime size or may be little more quantity and foam it up on my palm and then use it on my damp face.
Some By Mi Snail TrueCica Miracle Repair low ph cleanser comes in a squeezable tube with flip on cap. Only this is the part I am not happy with because my tube always has tiny bit of a cleanser leaking out from various corner of the cap and no, the cap is not damaged.
I feel that, either the brand can improvise the cap and tube fitting or change the packaging to the pump bottle. In my opinion, for any product that has a runny consistency, a pump bottle is definitely the best packaging option.
Expiry: Use within 12 months after opening.
Quantity: 100 ml.
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance
Some By Mi Snail TrueCica Miracle Repair low ph cleanser has a runny gel like consistency. It also has a subtle natural citrusy scent from bergamot and sage oil used in it but the fragrance goes away completely after rinsing the cleanser.
It forms dense but runny soft bubbles, which feel comfortable on skin. I personally enjoy the bubbly cleanser but always afraid of drying out my skin, well this doesn’t strip away the moisture from skin.
Some By Mi Snail TrueCICA Miracle Repair Low ph Gel Cleanser: The Verdict
A cleanser that is an amalgamation of the best ingredients, that’s the Some By Mi Snail TrueCica Miracle Repair low ph cleanser. The name given to it certainly stands true to its description. I have been using it for more than a month now and I am very happy with it. One word that can describe this cleanser at best is the “DAEBAK”!
To sum it up, here are the pros and cons I found about this product after using it:
- Has never dried out my very dry, sensitive, acne-prone and at the edge of getting damaged skin, in fact, this cleanser has improved the moisture retention ability of my skin.
- It didn’t irritate my skin.
- This cleanser helps in calming my skin and reduces the redness too. Oh yes, I am talking about the cleanser not a cream.
- Low ph Cleanser. Always use a cleanser that has ph below 7 and preferably around 5.5, as our skin mantle is acidic in nature.
- SLS-free & SLES-free.
- It also has a very subtle refreshing citrusy scent, which goes away completely after rinsing.
- Additionally, it is free from any kind of exfoliator. This isn’t a big deal but if you have sensitivity, dryness or damaged barrier, picking a gentle and exfoliator-free cleanser is very important.
- Hmm.. This is not a con, but more like a declaration that you will need a little extra splashes of water to rinse of the bubbles completely from your face!
This cleanser is available as part of the Some by mi Snail Truecia Miracle Repair Starter Kit. To read more product reviews, go here.