Seeing acne in the same spot again and again can be extremely frustrating! Especially because the skin at that spot never gets a chance to heal and often develops a prominent deep stubborn pigmentation. There may be a number of reasons for your recurring acne. Let’s find out what they are.
4 Reasons Why You Get Recurring Acne In The Same Spot
- If you’re getting recurring acne in the same spot, that area is probably getting continuously exposed to a dirty surface. It could be an unwashed pillow cover, the mobile screen, your face mask or even your palm as you rest your chin on it! Additionally, actions like touching that particular part of the face can also cause it.
- Secondly, the blocked pus and bacteria from past acne, which mainly happens due to pimple picking. You are not alone; I am guilty of doing it too.
- Thirdly, it could be an old cystic acne that didn’t surface completely in the past. Unfortunately, those can keep making glorious comebacks in instalments.
- Last but not the least, recurring acne in the same spot also happens because of periods.
Here’s a quick video on types of acne:
Struggling with adult acne? Here are some tips you need to know!
How To Prevent And Fix It?
1. Stop picking on your pimples
Squeezing out the gunk with your fingers is a no-no. Instead, let the pimple patch do this work by gently sucking up the gunk and at the same time heal the acne. I recommend checking out the Some By Mi Clear Spot Pimple Patch.
2. Stop resting your face on your palm
This habit can cause acne in that spot. Besides this, you can also make a habit of cleaning your pillow cover 2-3 times in a week.
3. Use AHA in your skincare
Make weekly exfoliation a part of your skincare routine. When we exfoliate, we not only get rid of dead skin cells but also improve the skin turn over cycle. When our skin turnover cycle is good, the trapped acne between layers of skin automatically surfaces up like a tiny whitehead and withers away on its own without even getting noticed. You can try out “Cosrx AHA Whitehead Power Liquid” . If you are beginner, try the “Isntree Clear Skin 8% AHA Essence”. Also remember, you should not use AHA daily. It should also not be used together with other AHA, BHA, pure vitamin c and retinol product. Just use it 1-2 times per week at night.
4. Use a salicylic acid cleanser
Using salicylic acid cleanser keeps your pores clean while spreading out the much-needed natural oils in your pores on skin surface. You can try the Cosrx Low ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser which is suitable for all skin types. And if you have very oily skin then you can try the Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA Miracle Acne Clear Foam.
5. Try Retinol
Just like AHAs, Retinol also helps in improving skin turn over cycle and thus reduces frequent breakouts in the same spot. Whenever you use the retinol, start with 1-2 times a week. Then gradually increase the frequency of usage. Also, avoid using Retinol during the day time. In case you are a beginner or have very sensitive skin, use retinol 1-2 times a week by mixing it in a moisturiser. Again do not use it with AHA, BHA, pure Vitamin C serum, etc.
6. Use the right moisturiser
In summer, thick moisturisers often attract dust and bacteria, so try a moisturiser that’s non-sticky.For oily and combination skin, Some good options are Cosrx Oil Free Ultra Moisturising Lotion, Some By Mi Snail Truecica Miracle Repair Cream or By Wishtrend Vitamin 75 Maximising Cream.For dry and normal skin,– Check out the Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream, I’m From Mugwort Cream or Purito Centella Unscented Recovery Cream.
Don’t get annoyed or completely give up if you suffer from recurring acne. It’s quite common when you have acne concerns. Just follow the simple tips shared here and I am sure the comebacks will halt for good.
Have you experienced recurring acne at the same spot? What products or tips do you use? Do comment below.