If you had to name your top 3 must-have Korean skincare products available in India, which ones would make your list? Recently, my K-beauty community asked me the same question and so I decided to share my list in this blog post!
1. Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
This is a light- weight essence formulated with 96% snail mucin which absorbs into skin fast to give skin a natural glow from the inside. This is one of the bestsellers of COSRX and for a number of good reasons too!
- Snail Secretion Filtrate: A snail extract that brightens, hydrates, and supports healthy skin repair.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A form of hyaluronic acid that dramatically boosts skin moisture.
- Arginine: An amino acid with antioxidant properties that supports elasticity.
Packaging & Texture:
It comes in a transparent plastic bottle that has a pump dispenser which works pretty decently and has 100ml product in it. It has a thick serum like texture, a bit gooey and sticky at initial application but it sinks in after a few seconds and leaves the skin hydrated. In fact, I could even notice a sheen on my face and that’s what makes it extra ordinary.
How To Use:
After cleansing and toning skincare step, apply a small amount on your hands and gently pat the product onto the face, using fingertips for better absorption. Skip a toner if you want to avoid extra steps but use it on damp skin for maximum results. You can also use it as a serum before moisturizer.
Also, using it every day in both morning and night routines will give you the best results.
What It Does:
- Hydrates: A high concentrated essence that hydrates the dull & dehydrated skin and also helps with dry patches if any. This essence protects the skin from moisture loss leaving it healthy & glowing.
- Soothes: This gooey essence calms down the Skin irritation, redness or inflammation if any. It is a perfect pick for sensitive skin as you can pair it with all the actives.
- Scar Treatment: This serum/ essence claims to fade acne scars although the results cannot be seen instantly but it does show its magic over time.
As a skincare hoarder, I try hundreds of Korean skincare products but this is one of those which no other product can replace. This is why it makes the list of my top 3 must-have Korean skincare products. I highly recommend this product to everyone as it suits all skin types.
It comes in a 100ml bottle so it lasts quite long and is cost effective too in comparison with the rest of the serums/essences available in the market. Plus, this being fragrance free is the cherry on top for me. The Snail 96 Mucin essence is a 10/10 from my end!
⚠️Please Note, this product is cruelty free which means the snails are not harmed while making this product!
The snails are placed over a mesh in a dark and quiet room, where they are left alone to freely roam the net and leave mucin in their trails. There is no external process applied or the mesh to force mucin production.
2. Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
Next on my list of my top 3 must-have Korean skincare products is the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Drop. You are bound to experience the power of vitamin c while using the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Drop. It contains 5% ascorbic acid and is suitable for all ages and skin types, even if you have the most sensitive skin.
- Contains 5% of Ascorbic acid which has skin repairing and brightening properties.
- Has Centella Asiatica extracts promoting skin calming effects.
- Also contains Yuzu extract known for its light skin exfoliating properties.
Packaging & Texture:
It comes in a transparent plastic bottle with a dropper which makes it very convenient to use and you can control the amount without any fuss. You get a quantity of 35ml in Rs.1570. It has a light weight yet oily texture and skin feels a little greasy but it settles well after sometime. It has a weird faded smell to it but it doesn’t bother my sensitive nose. A slight warming sensation may be felt upon application. This is a natural phenomenon that occurs as the pure vitamin absorbs into the skin.
For the best effect of vitamin c, please use it within three to four months after opening. A slight color change will not influence the effects of the product. Due to the 5% vitamin c within the product and transparent bottle, color change can occur. To avoid color change, please store in a dark, cool and dry place, such as fridge or store it in its original box.
Directions to Use:
- After cleansing, prep the skin with the toner.
- Apply three to four drops of the vitamin drop and gently spread over the face.
- Lightly pat to promote full absorption.
- Follow it up with a sunscreen in the morning and a moisturizer at night.
To avoid skin irritation, do not apply this serum after exfoliators or Actives.
- Helps brighten the appearance of dark spots, post-acne scars and uneven skin tone
- Illuminates dull skin for a brighter-looking complexion
- Smooths skin texture with gentle exfoliation
- Helps protect against environmental factors that trigger skin ageing.
This was my first Vitamin C serum and I never regret buying it as it actually does what it claims. Although, it took around three to four months to see any noticeable difference, it did brighten up my face and faded my acne scars up to a great extent. The formulation is top notch and is beginner friendly too. The Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop suits all skin types including the most sensitive skin. It might be a little too heavy for oily skin types but I recommend skipping moisturizer in that case.
⚠️Please Note, If Vitamin C serum gets oxidized & changes its color to dark yellow, quit using it.
3. By Wishtrend 5% Mandelic Acid Skin Prep Water
The By Wishtrend 5% Mandelic Acid Skin Prep Water completes my list of top 3 must-have Korean skincare products. Mandelic acid is basically a type of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and is derived from Almonds. It has a larger molecular size than other exfoliants. However, it penetrates the skin slowly and not too deep which causes less irritation. It is milder than other exfoliants thus it suits the most sensitive skin too.
- 5% Mandelic Acid-The gentlest AHA acid helps improve pigmentation as well as restoration of aged skin. It also contains antibacterial properties which are effective for inflammatory acne.
- Panthenol- Also known as vitamin B5, it acts as a humectant and moisturizer, improving the skin’s abilities to regenerate and to maintain hydration.
- Centella Asiatica Extract- Soothes and protects sensitive skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate- As a natural moisturizing factor, it attracts moisture and helps retain moisture within the skin, preventing dryness after exfoliation.
Packaging & Texture:
It has a sturdy glass bottle packaging and is available in 2 different sizes i.e. 30 ml for Rs.650 and 120ml for Rs. 1550. It has a water-like consistency so one needs to be very careful while taking it out as it spills over.
Directions To Use:
After cleansing, soak the toner with a cotton pad and wipe along the skin texture. You can also apply it directly if you are habitual of Chemical Exfoliation. Just take three to four drops on your palm and pat it all over your face and neck. It is to be used on a dry skin once or twice a week at night (not to be paired with other actives).
Mandelic acid helps exfoliate dead skin cells and promotes skin cell turnover, lightens blemishes and dark spots, fights skin ageing and results in brighter, even-toned and healthier, radiant skin.
My personal experience was better than expected. I have always been chasing for that glow and the Wishtrend Mandelic Acid really did help with it. It made my dull skin glow and evened out my skin tone like no other.
I did feel some tingling at the initial times but it’s a common phenomenon that happens when you incorporate AHA in your routine and skin gets settled after a few uses.
In fact, this is the only AHA toner that didn’t irritate my Sensitive Skin (suits all skin types). So do give it a try and you won’t be disappointed for sure.
⚠️Last but not the least, do not use this frequently since it can damage your skin barrier if used more than twice a week but stay consistent and you will definitely see results!
And that rounds up my list of top 3 must-have Korean skincare products that are easily available in India. Share your list in the comments as well.
Don’t know where to purchase authentic and affordable Korean Skincare Products available in India?
You need to visit beautybarn.in and grab the best deals and offers on the best curation of K-beauty skincare products. Want to read more lists like this one? Go here.