In this review, well-known Korean skincare and K-beauty blogger, Shelley Nayak, shares the pros, the cons, tips and her experience of the Isntree 8% AHA Essence.
Even though it’s written that this exfoliating essence is for dry skin, I feel that everyone can use it. Just adjust the frequency as per the suitability and weather change.
Isntree 8% AHA Essence Ingredients List
- Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid are known potent AHAs. Glycolic Acid has the smallest molecule, penetrates deeper, therefore works very efficiently in removing the dead skin cells whereas Lactic Acid is a milder AHA,it works on the surface to dilute excess keratin and moisturises skin. Both together keep skin bright and smooth.
- Glycerin is a known humectant. It retains and traps skin water, thus keeps skin soft and plump.
- Morus Alba Bark Extract aka white Mulberry Extract is rich in anti-oxidants, calms skin and is an amazing natural skin brightening
- Asiaticoside is a bioactive ingredient, derived from Centella Asiatica, helps in calming skin, promotes scar healing and firms skin.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate is a salt derived from Licorice Root. It is an astonishing skin calming and brightening
Who wouldn’t like this product? I appreciate the fact that no oils are used here and also no fermented ingredients are used.
How to use the Isntree 8% AHA Essence
Use the ISNTREE 8% AHA Essence after using a toner. No cotton pad is needed, just dispense 1-2 pumps on your palm and use it like any other essence.
This is how I have been using it:
Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm > Acwell Bubble Free pH Balancing Cleanser > Purito Centella Green Level Toner > ISNTREE Clear Skin 8% AHA Essence (1-2 times a week) > By Wishtrend Propolis 15% Ampoule > Benton Fermentation Eye Cream > Purito Centella Green Level Recovery Cream.
• Do not use the Isntree 8% AHA Essence with any other exfoliators like physical scrubs, clay mask, BHA, other AHA Solution, Pure Vitamin C serum or Retinols.
• Preferably use only at Night for 1-4 times a week frequency. Sensitive skin should use it only 1-2 times a week, something I am doing for my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin.
• Always use sunscreen during Day Time.
ISNTREE 8% AHA Essence comes in a translucent plastic bottle with a pumping dispenser. Easy to use and travel-friendly.
Expiry: Use within 6 months after opening.
Quantity: 100 ml.
Price: Rs.1050…. such affordable price!
Consistency/ Texture / fragrance / Absorbability
The Isntree 8% AHA Essence has a watery consistency and doesn’t feel heavy or sticky on the skin. It is 100% fragrance-Free.
Even though it is alcohol-free (which is a good thing), it sinks into the skin immediately.
Pros And Cons Of The Isntree 8% AHA Essence
- Makes skin soft but without causing any dryness.
- Also, the skin looks polished and bright next day.
- I have noticed that my scars did lighten up in 6 weeks’ usage.
- Even though the AHA strength is good 8%, I had no redness or stinging sensation on using it. I have used acids from 5% to 10%, this AHA 8% is really mild. Highly highly recommend it to the beginners.
- No cotton puffs are needed, Just take a little (1-2 pumps) on palm and use like any other essence. So, no wastage!
- Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin.
- 100% fragrance-free. This is what sensitive skin should look for.
- Essential oil Free. I know many people love essential oils but for my sensitive, dry acne-prone skin prefer products that have low or no essential oils in them.
- Free from Fermented Ingredients. These are good ingredients but I personally have a hit-miss relation with them. Also, I feel that exfoliator, in general, should be free from fermented ingredients, because even if one is not that severely allergic to fermented ingredients, the chances of irritation increases during exfoliation. So, this is fungal acne safe.
- Worth every Penny.
- Yes, you read it right. I didn’t forget to type! There are no cons
- I have been using Isntree 8% AHA Essence weekly once-twice for about 6 weeks and I can definitely see the changes in my skin tone and texture. My skin looks brighter and smoother.
- Does it work on preventing or treating active acne? AHAs are water soluble and works on the surface of the skin so it may help but a BHA will work better if you want to target oily, acne prone skin.
- In case of hormonal acne or severe seasonal acne, one should opt for BHA, keep a check on your diet and consult the dermatologist.
- Remember any chemical exfoliation takes at least 4-6 weeks to see the changes in the skin. Isntree 8% AHA essence works slowly but definitely in lightening the scars but for full-fledged results on deep scars, a long term usage will be needed, say effective 6 months with weekly thrice frequency. However a weekly exfoliation in your skincare routine is a must if you want to maintain a healthy, radiant and glowing skin.
Want to read more Korean skincare product reviews like this one? Go here.